Tofu is such a versatile food. Its neutral flavour lends itself to a variety of applications, including one of my favourite recipes- crispy seared tofu!
Tofu is incredibly healthy, but you should try to make sure you’re buying organic tofu to avoid any GMO presence. I try to keep my groceries as organic as possible- the cost is slightly higher, but there is no price too high for the health and wellbeing of my family! Luckily, organic tofu is readily available in most grocery stores.
Rice flour is an excellent alternative to regular flour for frying. It crisps up well when it hits the oil, and it is completely gluten free!
This entire dinner comes together very quickly. Try this quick, healthy dinner tonight! Eat well to live well!
- 200 g organic tofu
- 3-5 tbsp coconut oil for frying
- 1/2 cup rice flour for coating
- pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- 400 g black eye beans
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 50 g chickpeas shoots
- 200 g purple sprouting broccoli
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp black sesame
1. Coat tofu in salt and rice flour. Fry with coconut oil until golden and crispy.
2. Cook Blackeyed Beans according to package directions, season with salt and coriander.
3. Mix chickpeas shoots with lemon juice and avocado oil.
4. Cook broccoli on steam to save colour.
5. To plate, layer the beans on the bottom of the dish, followed by the broccoli and chickpea shoots, and top with tofu. Drizzle with lemon juice and avocado oil. Sprinkle with black sesame seeds.