If you haven’t figured it out by now, I have a bit of a sweet tooth! My kids do, too, which is why I’m always trying new healthy dessert recipes out on them!
I love using avocado and cacao together in dessert recipes. Avocado plays so well on chocolate flavours, and it lends a buttery mouthfeel that just works in sweet foods. Besides, avocado is an amazing superfood, and I like to use it as much as I can!
Yacon syrup comes from a plant that grows in South America, and is an excellent replacement for sugar! It is naturally sweet, but it’s also been proven to regulate blood sugar and lower bad cholesterol. It can be found at any health food store or high end grocery.
I prefer to use almond milk in this recipe, but any nut or rice milk will work. I like that almond milk gives this recipe a little extra sweetness, and balances well with the other flavours.
This mousse has quickly become my kids’ favourite treat! Whip some up today, pop it in the fridge, and have a light, chocolate-y refreshing dessert tonight! Eat well to live well!
- 1 perfectly ripe avocado large
- 2 tbsp Yacon root syrup or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp raw cacao
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- handfull of rasperries
1. Place all the ingredients into a blander, mix well until smooth
2. Place raspberries in small bowls or glasses, fill the cups in with the mousse at the top.
3. Chill in the fridge for 20-30 min
4. Decorate with raspberries at the top
For the mousse filing, I used piping pastry bag with a piping icing nozzle to give it a nice touch.