As a busy mum, I need all the energy I can get! Whether you’ve had a challenging day at work, a tough workout, or have just been chasing around your kids all day, we all need a little energy boost from time to time.
That’s why I love these simple little coconut balls. They taste delicious, and are perfectly portioned to give you a sweet little hit of energy when the 3pm slump hits. Best of all, they can be kept in the fridge for 2 weeks, and take less than 20 minutes to put together!
I love coconut. It’s like nature’s candy- sweet, with that perfect mouthfeel! Coconuts are also a great source of fiber, amino acids, vitamins, and minerals! They’re rich in potassium, which we need to keep our brain running at full capacity, and are also rich in calcium and magnesium. These energy balls make a GREAT post-workout treat, and quickly restore all the electrolytes lost while exercising.
I keep a few of these on hand, and eat either half or a full one when my energy is running low. I perk right back up, and am able to keep up with my busy family for the rest of the day. Eat well to live well!
- 2 tbsp white almond butter
- 50 g desiccated coconut
- 30 g cream coconut block, melted
- 3 tbsp almond milk
1. In a saucepan over low heat, stir the coconut block and almond butter until smooth.
2. Mix in the milk and dessicated coconut.
3. Allow the mixture to cool until you’re able to handle it. Using your hands, roll the mixture into 5-8 balls. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.