This recipe combines two of my favourite ingredients- lentils and sweet potatoes! I love this recipe, because it’s warm and filling, and full of beneficial nutrients.
Green lentils have a wealth of nutrition, including a high fiber content, magnesium, protein and complex carbohydrates. They have an earthy, nutty flavour that works well with sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes are full of vitamin C, E, fiber and complex carbohydrates. They are such a versatile vegetable! I decided to add a small amount of carrot to this recipe, just to add another dimension of flavour and richness. Carrots bring with them beta carotene, as well as vitamins C and E. If you’re trying to improve the look and texture of your skin through food, this recipe is a definite keeper!
This recipe is pretty enough to do for a special occasion, but easy enough to pull together on a busy evening at home. I hope you enjoy my roasted sweet potato and lentils! And, as always- eat well to live well!
- 2-3 sweet potatoes, sliced into thin medallions
- 2 cups green Lentils
- coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 carrot, diced
- fresh Coriander
- Himalayan pink salt
1. Preheat oven to 180C (360F)
2. Cook lentils according to package instructions.
3. Warm a small amount of coconut oil in a heavy bottomed skillet over medium high heat, and toss in the lentils, onion, garlic and carrot with the coriander.
4. Transfer the lentils to a baking dish. Layer the sweet potatoes over top, and drizzle with a bit of oil. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the edges have crisped slightly.