Weekday dinners can be difficult for most people. You have to figure out something delicious, completely different from last night, balancing everyone’s preferences in perfect harmony, and have it all finished within a short time frame- because, after all, you did just have a super busy day, and can expect the same tomorrow! It’s a handful, to say the least!
That’s why I try to keep my dinner time routine in the week short and sweet! This tofu, black rice noodle and courgettes recipe is really easy to put together, takes under 30 minutes to prepare, and is full of protein, complex carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals.
My family loves noodles! So, I have been using black rice noodles frequently these days. I love that they’re full of antioxidant properties, and are completely gluten free! Courgettes are in season right now, so I’m enjoying their versatility and mild flavour- they bring to this recipe a wealth of benefits, including vitamin A, magnesium, folate, potassium and copper. They have a texture that works well with the noodles and tofu as well, making them the perfect vegetable to use in this dish.
Next time you need a quick, healthy meal, try this crowd-pleaser! Spend less time on cleanup and more time with the ones that are most important to you! Eat well to live well!
- 1 pack Black rice noodles
- 1/2 pack Organic Tofu, diced
- 1-2 Yellow Courgettes, diced
- Coconut oil
- Rice flour
- Himalayan pink salt
- Seaweed dulse
1. In a large, heavy bottomed skillet over medium-high heat, saute the diced courgettes with some olive oil and salt. Remove the finished courgettes from the pan, and set aside on a plate until everything else is finished.
2. Season the rice flour with seaweed dulse. Toss the tofu in with the rice flour, making sure to coat evenly. Add a bit more oil to the same pan you cooked the courgettes in, and fry on all sides until crispy- 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Cook noodles according to package directions.
4. To assemble, lay a small amount of noodles onto each plate, followed by the courgettes and tofu. Serve immediately