As a mum, my days can be pretty hectic and fast. That’s why sometimes, it’s nice to be able to slow down, and enjoy a relaxed, decadent meal. This roasted cauliflower and celeriac sauce is the perfect dinner to eat slowly, appreciating the nuances of flavours and textures working in tandem. The best part is that it comes together really quickly too, so you can whip it up even on a busy weeknight!
Depending on how many people you’re feeding (or how hungry everyone is!), I recommend 2 cauliflower medallions per person. So, if you’re feeding 4 people, anywhere from 2-3 mini cauliflowers should suffice. If you can’t find the mini cauliflowers, don’t worry- a whole head of a normal sized cauliflower should be the perfect amount!
Despite the apparent simplicity of this dish, it packs a serious nutritional punch! Celeriac is high in dietary fiber, protein, and a host of crucial vitamins and minerals such as vitamins C and K, B complex vitamins, calcium, iron, magnesium and manganese. It has a mild flavour, and stands up well to the boldly seasoned cauliflower. Cauliflower is another nutritional superstar- high in vitamin C, cauliflower is one of the best things you can eat for healthy, glowing skin. Cumin aids in digestion, and has been proven to aid in immune function as well. Turmeric, which has been a hot ticket item in the health world lately, is a natural anti-inflammatory, and is full of antioxidants. All of these ingredients working together create a meal that tastes great, and will also aid in brain function, skin health, immune health, and overall well being!
The best part about this dinner is that I can enjoy it with my entire family! My husband loves how filling and substantial of a meal it is, and my kids love the vibrant colours and mild flavours. This is definitely going to be a family classic in my house, and I hope you’ll make it one in yours too! Eat well to live well!
- Mini Cauliflowers
- coconut oil
- ground cumin
- Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 celeriac
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin seeds oil (for garnish )
1. Preheat oven to 185C (370F)
2. Slice the cauliflower into medallions. Brush with coconut oil, and season with salt and cumin. Roast for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce- In a large stock pot, boil 6 cups of water and cook the celeriac for 10 minutes, until it just begins to soften. Remove from water, and transfer to a blender or food processor. Blend together with coconut milk, salt, and turmeric powder.
4. To plate, pour a bit of the sauce into the bottom of a plate or low bowl, and lay the roasted cauliflower medallions over top. Garnish with pumpkin seed oil