I enjoy dinner salads quite a bit, especially in the summer. When the warm weather hits, my appetite goes down and I find myself seeking light, healthy dinner options. The beauty of this salad is that you can sub in whichever vegetables you prefer (or happen to have available!), and really make the salad your own. That’s exactly what I did- I happened to have some aubergines and peppers available, and combined with some large, fresh tomatoes and seasoned quinoa, this light summer meal was created! This salad would be equally delicious with any number of roasted vegetables- carrots, zucchini, onion, tomato- the possibilities really are endless! Likewise, the grain is easy to replace- just make sure you follow the cooking time as listed on the package, to ensure the grains come out perfect every time!
I hope you enjoy this nice, light summer salad! Gather together with your loved ones, lay down a picnic blanket, and enjoy the warm weather while it’s here! Eat well to live well!
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 Bell peppers, sliced into quarters
- 4 Tomatoes, sliced
- 2 Baby aubergines, cut into long strips
- Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tbsp Seaweed dulse
- White Pepper
- Coconut oil
Preheat oven to 185C (375F)
2. Lay the aubergines and peppers onto a baking sheet. Drizzle with oil, and season with a bit of salt. Roast for 15 minutes
3. Cook the quinoa according to package directions. Once cooked, season with seaweed dulse, and a bit of pepper.
4. To assemble the salad, lay the quinoa into the bottom of a large salad bowl or platter. Top with the roasted aubergines and peppers, and fresh tomatoes.