Who doesn’t love muffins? They’re sweet, wholesome, and the perfect portable breakfast. I’m always trying new breakfast ideas for my boys- it’s difficult to balance health, convenience and kid-friendly flavours, and I try to bring as much variety into my breakfast routine as possible so that everyone is happy.
For this recipe, I used a combination of coconut flour and GF white flour, to add sweetness and lightness to the end product. I love coconut flour because it has a natural sweetness, and a texture similar to almond flour. I sweetened these muffins with brown rice syrup, although you could use agave or maple syrup if you prefer. I also used almond milk- I love the way the light flavour of almond milk compliments the blueberries. Of course, you can use whichever plant based milk you like best.
These muffins come together so quickly and easily! You can prepare the batter the night before and keep it in the fridge if you’re worried about time; in the morning, just preheat your oven, give the batter a quick stir and pour into prepared molds, and bake! With healthy, home-baked muffins available so quickly, you’ll be a muffin making machine in no time!
The next time you need a sweet morning treat, try whipping up a batch of these fun, healthy blueberry muffins! Eating well should always be fun and delicious! As always, eat well to live well!
- 1 cup Coconut flour
- 1 cup Gluten Free white flour
- 7 tbsp Brown Rice Syrup
- 1/2 cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- pinch of Pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup Almond milk (or any plant based milk)
- 1 cup fruit purée( I use apple purée)
- 1 cup blueberries
Preheat oven to 180C (350F)
2. Mix all ingredients together until smooth
3. Pour into muffin molds lined with paper
4. Bake 15-20 minutes, until springy and golden. To check doneness, insert a toothpick into the center of the middle muffin. If it comes out clean, they’re are done. Otherwise, continue baking and check at every 10 minute interval. Allow to cool fully before serving.