Mung Bean Dal with Red Rice
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1/2 Red Onion chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves finally chopped
- 1/3 Aubergine diced
- 2 cm Fresh Ginger root grated
- 1/2 tsp Cumin ground
- 1 tbsp Organic Miso Paste (soybean paste)
- 2 cm Fresh Turmeric root grated
- 1/2 tbsp Paprika
- 2 tbsp Tamari Soya sauce
- 4 Kaffir leaves (I use fresh)
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 1/2 Sweet Potato diced
- 150-170 ml Coconut Milk
- 1 handful Spinach leaves
- 2 cups Mung beans cooked
- Red Rice
Heat the coconut oil in a large pan or asian wok.
2. Add the onion, sweet potato, aubergine, garlic & ginger, miso,and saute for 5 minutes to soften the vegetables, add the spices, Kaffir leaves and Tamari sauce.
3. Add tomatoes and cook for a further 2-3 minutes to soften the tomatoes.
4. Add the coconut milk and Mung beans.
5. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the vegetables are soft.
6. Once finished cooking, add spinach leaves and leave it.
7. Serve with Red rice.